Spine Surgery: Knowing Its Different Types
We cannot deny the reality that some of us have to deal with different levels of back pain. There are some who suffer from menial pain while others from excruciating pain. The pain that have caused these individuals are attributed to some factors. There are some who feel pain not only on their back but also on their legs, lower back and necks. Irrespective of the causes of this particular pain, it definitely bring lots of inconveniences and discomfort to us. Do you belong to this group? Should you be among these men and women, then it is never too late for you to consider spine surgery. Should spine surgery caught your interest and you want to learn more about it, then be sure to continue reading this article.
Yes, it is true that there are lots of synthetic medications and options available to alleviate the pain that you felt but this is just temporary. For those who want to have permanent answer to the back pain they felt, then you should undergo spine surgery.
Attributes of Spine Surgery
When we talk of spine surgery, we refer to one surgical procedure that is carried out in the spinal column of patients to resolve certain ailments like back pain. Nowadays, you can come across diverse kinds of spinal surgery and some of these detailed underneath.
Unveiling the Diverse Types of Spine Surgery
1. One type of spine surgery carried out by spine surgeon is the discectomy. This is one surgical procedure that is carried out to remove a portion of the spinal disc that is located between every vertebrae. The prime reason why patients undergo discectomy is herniated disc. This disc is removed to relieve nerve pressure.
2. Foramenotomy is another spine surgery that is carried out top treat neck, arm or headache. In here, the spine surgeon remove a small part of the spine bone that causes pain and nerve compression.
3. Another kind of spinal column surgical procedure is the laminectomy and this is performed by spine surgeon to remove a vertebral bone known as lamina. This is performed to treat spine disorders like spondylolisthesis and spinal stenosis.
4. Patients can also opt for spine fusion. This particular procedure is made to link the individual vertebrae and segments together in the spinal column aimed at eliminating the motion in between the adjacent vertebra. It is another method of treating spondylolisthesis.
5. Disc replacement is another spine surgery carried out to treat certain kinds of back pain.
Hire only reputable, licensed, legit and dependable spine surgeon to perform any of these surgical procedures on you.